The history of our farmhouse
- 1696 first mention
- 1730 owner called Bartlmä Fränzl
- 1937 It was bought by Auer Josef and Katharina (birthname Zaß) since then it has been a family property
- 1948 Fritzenwanker Johann known as "Muaßbach Hansei" joined the farm
- 1971 Auer Josef and Sieglinde, birthname Schmiederer
- 2007 Auer Günter and Sigrid, birthname Leitinger
The Mussbachhof is located in the heart of the Saalfelden valley 744 metres above sea level. We manage an organic dairy farm with true Pinzgauer cows. We are very proud of that because it’s an endangered cattle breed. Our principles are feeding them with own, high-quality staple feed and less bought concentrated feed and still reaching an acceptable milk production.
In spring 2013 a very modern loose-house stable was built to ease our work on the farm.
* Additionally there are 10 ewes with their lambs on the farm which graze up in the mountains in the “Steinerne Meer” during summer.
* We’re also very proud of our five chickens and a cockerel – our eggs are very tasty!
* Our children’s favourites are two ponies which you can also ride.
* We’ve got a labrador called Luna that looks after our house!
* There’s also a pet’s corner with guinea pigs and rabbits especially for our guests.
* There would be something missing if we wouldn’t have our farm cats.
We also want to show our guests what it is like being close to nature. It’s a very special experience for them.
We also have a habitat listed as a nature reserve and a fish pond with trouts and samlets.