Walking and hiking in Saalfelden
Walking and hiking have not just positive effects on your health, also on your mind and soul. Saalfelden, located in the heart of the Salzburger mountains, offers its visitors a great variety of pleasant walking tours. There’s hardly any other leisure activity that is as simple but also as varied as walking.
You’ve got a great choice: Either you can take a gentle stroll or go for a longer power walk or you even decide to go for a mountain hike. There are more than 400 km of walking trails available which are well maintained and signed. Our holiday region is one of the biggest and most popular walking and hiking area within Austria!
And to make it even more exciting and interesting Saalfelden and Leogang offer themed walking trails:
- The history adventure trail
- tour to the perpetual ice
- the Saalachtaler mountain trail
- Leo's Gang Art
- Leo's games walking trail
- path of tranquilitiy to the hermitage in Saalfelden and the Steinalm
- Themenpark Biberg Nature and stone